ZAM Network is a company providing various services for video gamers. In September 2018, a number of websites operated by ZAM disappeared or announced their shutdown.
ZAM Network was originally founded as Allakhazam in 1999 and provided a platform with database, wiki, and forums for individual games. These sites continue to exist under the allakhazam.com and newer sites (e.g. FFXIV) under the zam.com domain.
Sites and status
This is an incomplete list in random order.
- – company website
– former company website?
- Unknown – ArchiveBot job:10rv3lbcwr56sguqvqo7usn0l
- Outpost network (
, , and ) – trading sites for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Dota, and Team Fortress 2, respectively; allows cross-game trading among these games plus Portal 2, PUBG, and Steam inventories.
- TF2 Outpost launched in 2011 (one of the earliest TF2 trading platforms), acquired by ZAM in 2013.
- See also: TF2 Outpost
- Offline – On 2018-09-11, it was announced on the three homepages that the network would be shutting down "in the coming weeks". At some point, an update was added asking parties interested in buying Outpost to contact ZAM. The websites shut down on 2018-10-01 around 18:45 UTC.
- Partially saved – ArchiveBot job:52ocm71ez8o1eyanfk47bgbsh, job:aa9u9xhss2jmvy1olsmg60yxr, job:g2gq5yvh5z8o7z3nsqev98h5
- Saved! – Independent archival by User:JustAnotherArchivist (all user profiles and trades; user avatars are the same across all platforms and were only grabbed via CS:GO Outpost); data on IA at items csgoutpost.com_201809, dotaoutpost.com_201809, and tf2outpost.com_201809
– "champion builds, guides & news for League of Legends"
- Offline – On 2018-09-21, it was announced that Lolking would become readonly a week later on 2018-09-28 and would be shut down on 2018-10-15, and that buying offers would be accepted until 2018-09-27. From 2018-10-15 on, the site redirects to the homepage and only displays a closure notice. In early December 2018, it started redirecting to a "League of Legends Model Viewer" on fanbyte.com instead.
- Partially saved – ArchiveBot job:dyfzytw2hw68hdmhq6pxm09jn (and also job:3hj6roix27fkvrldnjv3i3w3f for a while)
- Partially saved – ArchiveBot job:1jsmxw76v7pr4se85f2o2l3bk (job crashed before completion)
- Partially saved – ArchiveBot job:cmlk79ly2uovcwvtb4gf3b63l (job got banned from significant parts of the site before it finished)
- Partially saved – ArchiveBot job:8oh909yw4yerrvgr2hl4ditjq (job got banned from significant parts of the site before it finished)
- Partially saved – ArchiveBot job:99znc3hx5vflykwtskiupi85u (job got banned from significant parts of the site before it finished)
- Partially saved – ArchiveBot job:5dwim7r7585l7zz92qugnnzqk (job got banned from significant parts of the site before it finished)
- Partially saved – ArchiveBot job:988c2ao34ufbw3ehhag4l9ukp (job got banned from significant parts of the site before it finished)
- Saved! (unverified) – ArchiveBot job:3l6ds3iym0t3wdzzr4vt3e1kb
- Special case – As of 2018-09-22 22:00 UTC, the homepage on HTTPS redirects to , and all other URLs seem to return a 404 Not Found error. HTTP still functions normally as of 2018-10-08 16:45 UTC
- As of 2019-01-05 02:45 UTC, the HTTPS site behaves normally again, but resources (e.g. stylesheets) loaded from zam.zamimg.com over HTTPS are timing out (but are working fine over HTTP).
- Partially saved – ArchiveBot job:288zg9o2lioglniyrs3tm3725 (job crashed)
(makes heavy use of JS)
- Offline – Closed down end of September 2018
- Unknown – ArchiveBot job:3u8oqvcdhuspj3xvmw493mjyc
- Offline – Shut down 2019-01-06
- Discovering content on the site heavily relies on JS, so the site will not be very browsable in the Wayback Machine.
- Unknown – ArchiveBot job:v8y74tsmud3cb0hihziqzxu0
- Partially saved – User:JustAnotherArchivist tried to grab (most of) the site with wpull since 2019-01-05, but it didn't finish in time. Upload pending.
- Saved! – ArchiveBot job:acjpjhjfs6h4b4w7iomweexoe
- In progress... – ArchiveBot job:4pe8ual1ntum70k2ufodf89ot
- There's very strict rate limiting, and the site is huge, so it's difficult to grab a significant part of it.
- Unknown – ArchiveBot job:d8lpppvcw2vmjw8138rk2925w
- – homepage/news page
- In progress... by User:HCross
- Unknown – ArchiveBot job:3m9j54s05iaq86fobi3pf5cs7
- Offline – Only displays a closure notice as of 2018-09-22.
- Unknown – ArchiveBot job:73ni195hzd2fhxmuxm7mdi12y
- Offline – Closure notice as of 2018-09-23
- Unknown – ArchiveBot job:ep6i6k04zflqzvrdj0zdec7pw
- Offline – Closure notice as of 2018-09-23
In addition, there are a variety of sites that have shut down before September 2018. This includes(seems to have gone into permanent maintenance mode in mid-February 2018, then returned 404 starting end of April), (started redirecting to battle.net around May 2015, domain seems to have changed hands in August/September 2018 and is now used for an Indonesian blog), (shut down in 2015), and (started redirecting to a fan site in November 2014, domain expired in October 2015 and seems to have switched hands since).