Maybe we should tell each other what sites we have archived on ours boxes ? I just started on http://ficlets.com/ . Joseph 12/01/09 5:20pm
i see that you noticed this, but each site page has a place for you to put your sig if you are working on it :) --Ross 02:23, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
Some logo/banner ideas I came up with when I had a bit of spare time. I'd appreciate it if people let me know what they think. --Josef K.
NICE --Ross 20:17, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
Added as our corner logo. --Jscott 23:51, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
I can't edit this page. The "C" in "GeoCities" needs to be capitalized. --Jimhabegger 07:04, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
What and where
Several things should be made clear on the main page for the readers of this site:
- a. Price: What will be done with the archived files? Will they be available for free to the public, or will there be a fee for it?
- b. UX: What is the user interface for retrieving the information?
- c. Availability: Is the info available now, or will it be so in the future?
I reached here when googling (or yahooing) for 'Archive Geocities'. I believe most other will do so too.
My pages were geocities.com/pashute1.
- ynventor (about my early inventions 10 years ago),
- beair (about an open school system in Israel)
- PRT webzine (all about alternative transportation) Pashute 14:35, 31 January 2010 (UTC)
FYI, when you view the front page in a browser window that's not super-wide (1120px or more), the "History is our Future" box looks really awkward. The text gets smushed into a tiny, really, long column next to the image. An admin should really change the layout to one column, with the image above the text. --Qwerty0 12:55, 5 April 2012 (EDT)
- Now better? Emijrp 07:32, 6 April 2012 (EDT)