|Archiving status||Partially saved|
Sketch is an image drawing and editing app for smart phones made by Sony. The online parts of Sketch were discontinued on 2019-09-30 (or more precisely a few days later, sometime between 3 and 6 October).
The corporate user account, https://sketch.sonymobile.com/u/sonysketch, which new accounts automatically follow, shows
"1795890 FOLLOWERS" as of 2019-05-08 01:40 UTC "2073078 FOLLOWERS" as of 2019-07-08 20:51 UTC.
- ( On mobile, there is an additional page called "Newcomer" )
- Tag page: https://sketch.sonymobile.com/tag/cat
- Hash based: https://sketch.sonymobile.com/profile/23135ca9-16a7-424c-a376-93004cd05782/username/aleyandra-loprogy
- Hash only: https://sketch.sonymobile.com/profile/23135ca9-16a7-424c-a376-93004cd05782
- @ based: https://sketch.sonymobile.com/u/Bjnni
- Sketch page (linked from user pages): https://sketch.sonymobile.com/feed/a72ed347-7606-4a99-8b3e-934fb809d5a1
- Sketch page from tag page (once per tag): https://sketch.sonymobile.com/tag/GoodbyeSketch/sketch/a72ed347-7606-4a99-8b3e-934fb809d5a1
- Sketch page from explore page (up to 4-5 versions):
- A sketch's image file: https://storage.sketch.sonymobile.com/feed/6362d4d6-b91a-4603-8062-d59f3629e11d/image Redirects to Amazon S3 https://sketch-cloud-storage.s3.amazonaws.com/ed17f5ee-2960-4f71-8cf2-bbe36dfe96f4/312a714f-fe8b-4e5d-bf94-38bedc701e92_p?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIVK24H6RLSWCC7OA&Signature=YBVoxPocGqLxhPaoj50gVK8rqgo%3D&Expires=1557278433
- Avatar https://sketch-cloud-storage.s3.amazonaws.com/public_images/46a427b2-3375-4eeb-a046-8e545a652ff7_s
The following endpoints can be used to list sketches, and powers the explore view:
The last one seems to list all (23 million) available sketches. Example usage:
- https://sketch.sonymobile.com/api/1/feed/global/list/default/api%2Ffeeds%2Fglobal%3Fn%3D180817470%26l%3D150 (Decodes to
- User search (limited to 50 results, no pagination): https://sketch.sonymobile.com/api/1/search/artist/<term>
- Tag search: https://sketch.sonymobile.com/api/1/search/tag/<term>
- Tags: https://sketch.sonymobile.com/api/1/feed/hashtag/cat/list/
- Single sketch: https://sketch.sonymobile.com/api/1/sharedsketch/be39ea26-ebf6-4dfb-84d5-d9e122d3191e
- Artist (can include multiple UUIDs, separated by commas): https://sketch.sonymobile.com/api/1/artist/d51e31f9-6aa1-474b-9e0e-3357e9bc2b9c
- Artist’s pictures: https://sketch.sonymobile.com/api/1/feed/artist/92b9afe4-3d4c-48d0-839d-a9fedba8a38a
- Comments: https://sketch.sonymobile.com/api/1/comments/sketch/92b9afe4-3d4c-48d0-839d-a9fedba8a38a/be39ea26-ebf6-4dfb-84d5-d9e122d3191e
Additional APIs are needed for the mobile app to function but have not yet been located.
- Who's following whom
- Related tags to currently viewed tag
AWS S3 Expiration issue
Almost all the images live in AWS S3. Many of these URI tokens expire 1 hour after being generated. A link can be checked whether it's expired because the Expired parameter is a timestamp after which it will not longer be valid. Where this is particularly problematic is the thumbnail URLs. Any webpage that contains a thumbnail image, those images need to be grabbed in the next hour or will be missing and can not be repaired later.
Saving with the internet archive
Saving urls with https://web.archive.org/save/ actually works great, even though it looks like it fails.
The page will always show "404 Not Found", such as this random example.
But the page html contains: \"imageUrl\":\"https:\u002F\u002Fsketch-cloud-storage.s3.amazonaws.com\u002Fac16b85e-f285-44f3-ae2d-4c3ccdc1f413\u002F2ad6cf73-41f7-4048-aa2f-2eaca80b1ebc_s?AWSAccessKeyId...
And that link works, at least as a prefix search: https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://sketch-cloud-storage.s3.amazonaws.com/ac16b85e-f285-44f3-ae2d-4c3ccdc1f413/2ad6cf73-41f7-4048-aa2f-2eaca80b1ebc*
In fact, it gets both png ang jpeg formats!
We saved a random sample of about 50,000 pages (in addition to whatever the real code has saved).
There might be 18 million pages (the /feed/global/list/ urls seemed to run from about 180817470 to about 199228198)? If true, we saved 1 in 300 images.
- • • •
- • • •
- • • •
- • • •