Difference between revisions of "Projects"
Revision as of 17:53, 30 April 2009
Here's where Archive Teamsters can list the projects they are currently working on and organize new projects.
- Jason Scott is running Textfiles.com and archiving a ton of things.
- Ross is interviewing the sites of 2008.
- l.m.orchard is starting work on some self-hosted web apps that will migrate and archive from other sites. (ie. FriendFeed, Delicious)
Ideas for Projects
- Set up an FTP hub which AT members can access and up/down finished projects.
- Track the 100+ top twitter feeds, as designated by one of these idiot Twitter grading sites, and back up on a regular basis the top twitter people, for posterity.
- Groklaw has a project proposal that we could help with. - Jason
- Archive the shutdown announcement pages on dead sites.
- RSS Feed with death notices. - Jason
- Twitter profile might be a good way to broadcast new site obituaries. - psicom
- TinyURL and similar services, scraping/backup - Steve
- Symphony could potentially be used for archiving structured XML/RSS feeds to a relational database - Nick