Archive Team recruiting
Warrior based projects
- NewsGrabber: Saving all news articles. Help with server power or by finding more newssites. IRC Channel #newsgrabber.
- URLTeam: URL shorteners were a fucking awful idea. IRC Channel #urlteam.
- WikiTeam (WARC format): Saving wikis and their external links for the Wayback Machine. IRC Channel #wikiteam.
- Zetaboards: Migrating all forums to Tapatalk "in the coming weeks" as of early May. Content will get lost in the migration, and some forums are moving elsewhere, i.e. disappearing from Zetaboards entirely. IRC Channel #zetatheplank.
- Toys "R" Us: On chapter 11 life support after falling down the stairs into a pile of debt, old age complications may make it flatline soon. Babies and children weep. IRC Channel TBD.
- The Escapist: Staff activity dwindling due to layoffs, remaining supporters are doing it for free. IRC Channel TBD.
- LiveJournal: Very old, widely regarded as in decline, and has a lot of important stuff buried in it. IRC Channel #recordedjournal.
- DevPort: This portfolio SaaS provider has reportedly been having infrastructure issues, and removed their social media accounts. Possible impending shutdown.
- Tumblr: Yahoo! considered killing it, now Yahoo has been acquired. IRC Channel #stumblr.
- Ownlog: Ownlog is losing popularity and support from its owners. IRC Channel #pwnlog.
- Google Groups: "Gone within a year" (SketchCow, 2016-06-07).
- The Pirate Bay: Recently came back up, grabbing an archive for sanity's sake. IRC Channel #yarharfiddlededee.
- Sears Canada: Reinventing the bankruptcy process through early 2018. IRC Channel #archivebot.
- Storify: Now this is the story all about how Storify wants us to take a minute to preserve their content before they pack their suitcase on May 16, 2018. IRC Channel #horrify.
Hiatus / Missed the Mark
- yuku: Lately yuku is very unstable and hosting thousands of forums. Project currently paused. IRC Channel #archiveteam.
- Flickr: Yahoo! decided to kill it, now Yahoo has been acquired and then Verizon flicked it to SmugMug. IRC Channel #flickrfckr.
ArchiveTeam uses the EFnet IRC network – irc://irc.efnet.org – webchat: http://chat.efnet.org:9090 – More info