|IRC channel||(on EFnet)|
Easel was an in-browser web design tool that shut down on November 1, 2014.
Easel Is Shutting Down
Today we will begin closing the doors easel.io. Active today, we are no longer accepting new signups. On Oct 31st, easel.io will no longer be available. We will be refunding all paying customers for the previous month of service, and will no longer charge moving forward.
This is a bittersweet day for us. We love Easel, and we use it daily. We are extremely thankful and appreciative of our loyal users. To those of you who continue to depend on easel.io, we are very sorry.
Shutting down easel will allow us to focus on our current efforts.
Will I still be charged?
No. We have stopped charging.
When will I get my refund?
Refunds were processed before this was published but it can take several days to appear on your statement. Please contact us if you have not been refunded by next week!
When the last day I can access easel.io
Oct 31st at 11:59pm pacific time.
How do I get my data out?
We’ve made our project export feature available to all users, which means you can download an HTML/CSS version of your work.
What will happen to my data?
The data will no longer be accessible following Oct 31st.
- https://www.easel.io/documents/ID (Easel's page viewer, content is embedded as an iframe)
- https://www.easel.io/documents/ID/content (the actual page)
- ID is a 16-character hexadecimal string (e.g. https://www.easel.io/documents/1370177c55b0e923)
- blog.easel.io - official blog (saved by ArchiveBot)
- data.easel.io - where some of the content is stored (some is also on CloudFront)
- email.easel.io - used for links in emails to Easel's users, main site redirects to Mailgun
- help.easel.io - help site (saved by ArchiveBot)
- www.easel.io - the main site (small amount from search engine crawl saved by ArchiveBot)